Friday, August 12, 2005

Spouting Off I Reckon

I recently posted this on a blog for a response they had going on, to silently march on Washington. I also do get angry and I for one would like truth, nothing but the truth. I for one know it will never come (at least not in my lifetime ) to be, I think somewhere along the way Washington has forgotten where to find truth and live by it. Our value system is so long gone and yes many think of us as Bully's of the Universe, I ask myself if in many ways is this not true, for if it were not we would find war would have been the last option on the list. we need to vote and get new blood in All of Washington, not just the White House. The people who have been in office for years need to go, get some fresh blood and thinking, maybe they will listen to WE THE PEOPLE OF THIS GREAT LAND. If you find you disagree, find a way that represents our fine young men and women who carry our Honor to other shores. First I would ask you to stop a Soldier and ask how he feels about the war and his duty. I have not found one here at Fort Stewart to say no they should come home. Now that is pride in what they do and how they feel, fighting to Honor the Fallen and Wounded, can't you find a way to peacefully do the same?

Here is my answer for the call to Silently March on Washington



While I might agree on some points with you, I look to one of my inspirations in life My Son, he is a Staff Sergent, a lifer with the Army, he has 3 small children,(1 of which was born while he was there boots on the ground),I have his letters and I still hear his words of wisdom when I complained on how unfair the war was and begged him to get out of the Army. He says it is his Honor to serve and that Bush is his Commander and he will fight with his last breath to maintain that Honor. He says to leave now will let down all those who have lost their lives and the ones who came home mutilated. He asked me what Honors lies in a man that would not lay down his life for his country, I respect that and him, so that being said he keeps his political views to himself and does a fine job training his men and offering words of comfort to me and his wife. He will leave to go back soon for another year, scared hell yes I am and I know he carries the right amount of fear with him to survive. I will not Dishonor any Military man with this and in no way would I ever support Move-On, he dishonored so many in his attempts to discredit. We must find a better way to end the war than the Hatred that is starting to consume this great country, peace is a blessing to each one of us and we must follow the Soldiers who fight to bring that peace, don't tarnish that Honor while you try to change views of our country.

No comments: