Wednesday, September 28, 2005

He's Just A Man

He’s just a man
He could be your husband, son or brother
Maybe an uncle or nephew

But never less just a man
He could be of small frame or even large
Skinny or somewhat robust
His shoulders always straight, never bent

He walks with confidence, right on his side
Courage lies deep within his soul
Fear a factor, never far away

Bravery beyond his calling is never questioned
His strength is unmeasured against many enemies
His challenges are met with unyielding resolve

After all he is just a man
My son, your son, your husband or brother
He belongs to a league of men

They are the backbone of you and me
They are the mighty warriors
Of our fighting force

God Bless these Honorable men
Who lay down their life and soul
For the rights of you and me

Freedom is not just a word
Lives are lost, lives mangled in battle
While he is just a man, he is so much more
© Tobie Haga Roy

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can tell you wrote this one from the heart. It's very tender and strong at the same time.

"While he is just a man, he is so much more" really sums it up and gives the ending a high, powerful lift. Bravo, Tobie!!

From My Pen said...

Thanks Carolyn, yes it came from the heart and I can see their faces before me as I wrote. :)

Anonymous said...

I can always feel the emotion behind the writing. A wonderful gift to be able to share those feelings. Thank you for this.

From My Pen said...

Thanks easywriter for stopping by and the nice words.:)