Friday, December 09, 2005

I'm just a crazy old woman some days and yep you guessed it this is one of'um. Thought I would share a big chunk of my heart and pictures of my son and his Bridage leaving Fort Carson. I was there in March and snow was on the ground then and I liked to have froze watching his Dad pin his new rank of Staff Sergeant (SSG). As you can tell I am really proud of him, he joined the Army after going back to school and getting his diploma (he had quit earlier cause of

his dad) He turned 18 right after that and joined, much to my broken heart. He is now 28, with a wife and 3 little children, a son and 2 girls. he says the Army is his home and he loves it a lot and that he owes the Army for making him what he is. Now how can I disagree with that. He believes in his Commander and his and his men's skills. This will be his second tour and he will be in the area of Balaad, (part of the horrible Triangle)



He is in a big old Bradley fighting vehicle and they are called the Fighting Eagles and lordy they can be loud, take my word for it He believes that each of you for which he serves, has the right to a voice, all he ever asks is give him and his fellow Soldiers the same respect. He believes very strongly in finishing the ones who have given the utmost sacrifice and those wounded.

So while his life will be rough this next year, think of the Soldiers away from loved ones and keep them in your heart and prayers. And by the way thanks for putting up with a crazy old woman.




3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey Crazy Lady! Now how could anybody argue with all you've laid out here? Give my "salutes" to Troy! (((hugs)))

From My Pen said...

Hey my friend, good to see you. I will tell Troy, you send him the best. I missed him this morning on im, damn I sure do feel bad now.:(
troyroy23: hey
BUZZ!!!
troyroy23: HELLO
BUZZ!!!
BUZZ!!!
troyroy23: HEY
troyroy23: hey
troyroy23: mommie
BUZZ!!!
BUZZ!!!
BUZZ!!!
troyroy23: hey
troyroy23: hey to bad u were sleeping
troyroy23: could have talked to me
troyroy23: but now you have gone and missed me
BUZZ!!!
troyroy23: were r u
troyroy23:
troyroy23:
troyroy23: gotta go luv u

Carolyn said...

Awwww! I hope you catch up with each other soon Tobie!