Wednesday, April 12, 2006




I have watched as you came from
The rich fertile soil, bearing your
Long green stems filled with prickly thorns

Leaves of lush new growth
Show colors of purple and greens
While a bud forms ever so slowly

Small red velvety petals appear
Then slowly open to cast their beauty
For an eye to see and take in their beauty

Slowly as their thorns had appeared
Their beauty begins to fade and slowly die
Falling petals return to earth

Takes me to a time, where a man
Came to cast his light to the world
Then slowly was lead to a cross on a hill

He hung there, slowly giving of his life
His precious blood shed for you and me
As he hung his head, he gave up his life

With the promise of life everlasting
His bloom returns to us anew
As this day we celebrate his Spirit and Victory


Happy Easter




2 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is beautiful Tobie! Happy Easter to you and yours too :)

From My Pen said...

Thank you my wonderful friend, same back to you.:)