Sunday, April 04, 2010

Pages Of My Life

Pages turning ever so slowly bring forth the passages of each day. Giggling fills the air and as pages turn tears fall softly to the ending of a time for me. Gathered now in the dusk of time, lie memories too numerous to fill a page.



Wonderful beginnings of life and a Family love, move to another time of Husbands and Children filling my life’s bowl with wonderful drinks of life and sorrow each being important to grow into this now very mature body of an Elderly Woman.



Sitting here alone this day, I wonder how each page of life has now turned into a book. The spice of life with bits of zest runs rampant through each chapter as I look back. Wondering what should be told aloud and what should stay silent and in my heart, leave sadness in me. As I question myself for reason to remain silent on many areas of my life, somewhere deep inside I hear the words, (that goes in the DON’T NEED TO KNOW box).



It seems now as I have matured, many things of what seemed valuable, lie now in rubble. It’s strange how time can read just those little things that I carelessly left lying by the side of my life’s road, now once more I pick each remnant up and hold it more tenderly than ever, realizing I was not too late in my gathering.



I leave a few bits and pieces of me scattered about for those who want a peek into my world, as I write words of wisdom and love through each page of my writing, but yet never sharing my most treasured thoughts on pen and paper. I must remain true to myself of the pledge made long ago to a higher power, My Lord, My God and My Salvation there holds the key to the inner me, one who has unlocked many places within my soul. One that has granted me many joys and an inner peace as my twilight years come more into focus now.



It is the Wisdom that time brings forth and the true joy of knowing My Lord, that I live now and accept the changes of my life for good or bad. To have given the world the very best of me through my Children, satisfy that undone feeling in me, knowing they are the Roots that will fill new pages and write the passage of time as it comes to each of them.

No comments: