Monday, May 23, 2005

Time In A Bottle

I wanted so much to Capture Time In A Bottle. To feel once again the magic shared between two souls. The growing and aching need in me seems unfinished. Can I return to the youth of my time and capture once again the wonderful excitement of being in love.
It seems so long ago when we first shared the passion and love of youth. Then our paths chose different courses. Losing you was a terrible time. Wandering from here to there, always searching for a love likes ours. Never to find the way again to feel loves sweet bloom. Dreams unfinished and lost to time seems a needless thing. For nothing is worse than to throw away the depth of passion once shared with you.
Now as I venture back to find you once more, you are gone. The place we shared our love, now has been passed on to other loves and happier faces. As I look for you, my heart breaks, why did I not capture you in my little bottle of time. Now as I wander through the valleys and hills, emptiness has finally settled and I have lost the greatest love.
Will you be there in eternity waiting for me, as I will wait for you to come and embrace me once more? To feel alive again with joy and laughter walking through our hills. Or is it the impossible dream of Capturing Time In A Bottle.
©Tobie Haga Roy

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

What is that they call it.... unrequieted love?? Yes, I've felt that too, and it's a deep dark hurt. Maybe in time it'll go away... if one can let it go. Great post, Tobie!

From My Pen said...

Thanks Carolyn for stopping by. Glad you liked it and I don't think a real love ever leaves one just stays in the shadow of one.

The Complimenting Commenter said...

Wow! That is an excellent post. Very moving. Keep up the good work. Thanks for commenting on my site.

From My Pen said...

Thanks Complimenting Commenter, Glad to see you stop in for a quick look. Hopefully you will come again. I really enjoyed visiting you and will return. There are still nice folk in our world.

Anonymous said...

Bitter sweet and lingering; first loves, lost loves and unrequited love. This is very moving Tobie.

From My Pen said...

Thanks for stopping in esywriter,thanks for taking time to read my words.:)

JunieRose2005 said...

I have just found your site and you write the way I feel!

...and I wonder if ANY love ever measures up to that first love! I don't think so!

I have gone back to your early posts here so don't know if you will even be aware of me having been here. Your writing touches me so I'm going to explore your site more!

Junie

From My Pen said...

Thank you so very much. Yes the heart never forgets that moment when it first knew love. :)

JunieRose2005 said...

OH! You must have many readers, as you write so well! :)

I'll be back!

Junie