Monday, August 15, 2005

Did You

Did you ever wonder why you made a blog? Was it just to get in on the action? Did you really think people would come and read your words, look at your pictures or just listen to you rattle on about whatever?
Well I am here to say I probably fall under all of those, but what the heck, it got me up from the TV, and thats saying something right there. Well I am tired and bored as hell and just plain depressed about blogging. It seems its just as dead as the group I manage, truth hurts at times and now is one of those times. Can't say I have had a goodtime mainly all alone, sometimes easywriter and Carolyn drop in, but heck I wanted the whole world. Well Rome wasn't built in a day or even a year and I felt like spouting off at something, so here's to an empty space thats taking up cyber space (Wonder if it has a limit)?
Not even going to yell real loud just getting it right out of my system for now, if you happen around, good, if not do I care. I'll have to ponder on that I reckon, night cyber space, hope you enjoyed my visit
.

7 comments:

Ca... said...

Hmmmm...Interesting times around the campfire. Sounds like something from my past. My Dad dug a long hole in the ground and put a piece of tin over one end of the hole and built a fire on top of the tin and mixed up a batch of biscuits in a pan and, when the hole was heated, put the biscuits inside. They always came out brown and delicious. He called it a "Dutch Oven."

I didn't read about a husband. Is there one? Just curious.

From My Pen said...

Thanks c a, for dropping in. I loved those days of times past. Yes there is a hubby, but thats another story for another day.

Hale McKay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
From My Pen said...

spammers, guess just another kind of dirt.

Carolyn said...

Hey lady, don't give up. It takes a while. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately either, but life has me driving away from my pc :)

You have to visit bunches of other blogs and leave comments and eventually you'll build up visitors. I didn't know a soul when I started. Not all of my visitors are classified under the 'writing' category either. I change the category of my blog now and then to other categories, like personal journal, etc. to try and attract traffic there. Most other writers don't visit me back, but I've found a few loyals who I've enjoyed the exchange with, as well as others whom I stumbled across and got to know.

Another thing I've noticed is that when you let your blog go days between posts, it kind of drops out of sight in the system. You have a lot to post about, just dig deep and let it flow. It doesn't always have to be stories/poems. Some just like hearing about your everyday life and rants (in good humor) about everyday stuff.

Also, try the BlogRocket in Bloggerama now and again. Funny cartoons and animal pics attract too. You can use them as 'fillers' between writing posts to keep your blog active. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't give up! It takes time to build a readership, but it's worth it in the end. :o)

From My Pen said...

Thanks Carolyn and easywriter, I know but heck I am so impatient, I want it all today cause tomorrow might not get here.