Tuesday, December 06, 2005


As I stand looking into your mist of darkness
Life returns by the shore for me
Once youthful and full of hope

Life was dreaming of Sailors and young Marines
For which the dance would begin
While another stood in the waning mist

Never capturing a heart from one
To last a lifetime of love
I moved onto another shore

Now years have passed and I look
To the shore once more
Where a world away lays a war

I call on your misty night and calming waters
To lift my heavy heart
Bring back those times of peace

Return those who have crossed your water
To another shore far from home
Bring them back to a shore of peace

©
Art By John Sparks

poem by © Tobie

4 comments:

John said...

Beautiful heartfelt poetry... so very sweet,deep and sad but filled with hope and very beautiful.

From My Pen said...

Thank you John for stopping by. Thank you for the use of your painting and your warm words. :)

Unknown said...

You, Milady, are a wonderful writer! I've been lurking around, initially ran across you through Carolyn.

From My Pen said...

Thank you t_stormcrowe, you hace made my day and between you and John, my heart feels good for a change. Carolyn is my wonderful friend and my world would be lost if good people like ya'll didn't fill it.:)