Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mitch Carver was a Chief Warrant Officer 3.










My heart is so broken right now. I knew Friday when I heard of the crash, it would be one of the men who Charlie (my daughter ) served with at Fort Stewart. When I met him I asked if he was available for me not Charlie. His smile was awesome and man what a body. Mainly what a man he was and he loved what he did.My heart goes out to his Family. Below is the poem I just wrote in His memory for his Mom. Mitch is on the left in top picture and on the right in the other one.

For a closer view of who Mitch was click this link.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060115/NEWS01/60114031/1001




Heartbeat, the first precious moment of life
His heartbeat, God’s great gift to you
As your arms cuddled him to your breast
A smile filled the soul and spirit of you

Heartbeat, the last sign of life lost
His heartbeat, gone back to God
As your arms fall empty upon your breast
Tears fill your soul, your spirit fights to survive

Let his Heartbeat live long past his life Oh Lord
While you have taken him home to fulfill his destiny
Comfort us as we mourn his loss Oh Lord


7 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is so sad about this young man! I hate to hear about any of them losing their life in this war, or dying so young from anything for that matter. I'm so sorry for your pain,Tobie. And please give Charlie my condolences too. It sounds like he didn't die in vain though, and enjoyed what he did to the utmost.


P.S. I tagged you for a meme if you feel like doing it :)

From My Pen said...

Yes he was a fine man and the world of those who loved him will miss him, but he loved what he did so very much and his love is and was felt by many.
Can You imagine someone said to me what a terrible
Waste of Life this was, his Mother would really sock them for opening their mouth I bet. But then again it takes all kind to let our world spin on and on. :)

Carolyn said...

Hi Tobie,
I think people speak before they think more often than not. To me, a waste of life is someone that knows what drugs/alcohol can do yet choose to get hooked on it anyway. Then lay around in the gutter or steal to support their habits.

I don't like this war and it pains me when I see reports of more soldiers killed, but I know their life wasn't a waste nor what they do to protect the rest of us.

(My dad would have socked someone for saying that too. How do I know? Because once my older brother, when he was in his 30's, yelled something disrespectful at Dad for serving in WWII to the tune that his life was ineffectual for doing so and he didn't see why Dad was proud of his military service. Dad socked him in the eye! :)

Carolyn said...

Me AGAIN!! LOl!

I keep forgetting to ask about Jack. Is he over there too or is he going, and will he be flying 'copters?

From My Pen said...

Yep he is still flying and its those Kiowa cones like Mitch flew, he and Mitch were together here at Stewart. No word if he is going yet, I pray not. He is at Fort Lewis in Washington, near Tacoma.:)

EB the one and only made the remark

Carolyn said...

I hope he won't have to either, Tobie.

And, why am I not surprised at you know who? ;)

Anonymous said...

The rumor is September-Jan. (06-07) sometimet that they will be going. No "real" word yet. But I don't think I'll let him go anyway. I've got a plan, all I need is a set of stairs or..... a sledge hammer. ~Charlie