Tuesday, January 17, 2006


The moon lay there across the gentle pull of waves, looking as big as the mountains I had just left. I was now twelve years old and boy what a birthday present this was. My Dad, several weeks before, had called from Florida and asked how I would like Florida as a birthday gift. Well let me tell you I was the most popular girl in school then, the other kids like me had never been away neither. It seemed the day would never come and now here I was looking at this wonderfully giant moon. Falling in love right then and there, my heart was filled.


The warm golden rays of brilliance ran across the soft splashing waves, with a gentle sound as the waves came ashore becoming one. There was no horizon or skyline just moon and water. A brilliant painting by a master above, I felt then the pull of this magnificent force that would last my lifetime and beyond. This would be the first of many years and nights standing next to this beauty and yet I would never again capture the moon as I had that night. I often wondered if maybe God just made that night for me, a once in a lifetime view. The beautiful Atlantic Ocean and the Moon still pull at my heart and I often long for that wonderful scene to reappear just once more.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

A gorgeous painting of both words and paint :)

You made me want to be there.

From My Pen said...

Thanks Carolyn, wish I could paint what I see in my heart and mind. Glad you shared the wondrous feeling with me.:)