Friday, October 13, 2006


It is within the bounds of the dreaded darkness

I cloak myself with fear and a veil of silence
To quickly glide amongst the great shadows

Those who roam within my soul come once more

To gather the harvest, the droppings of my soul
Left from moments and memories, a lifetime ago

Buried secrets, longings, long since silenced

Gather the rampant discourse to expose the shadow
That torments and tempts this journey into darkness

Searching always, and always a moment too late

To rescue and savor those moments of fate dwelling deep
Fighting for light, the shadows appear, dashing, fading

The dreaded darkness comes to rob and conquer

T he lingering shadows, while they fight to survive
They will succumb once more to an array of darkness
© Tobie Haga Roy

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow! Kind of dark and scary-- very fitting for Friday the 13th!

From My Pen said...

Thanks Carolyn, glad to see you out and about. I didn't think of the 13th when I wrote this but I peeked back to last year and guess what another Shadow appeared lol.

http://frommypen.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_frommypen_archive.html

Anonymous said...

Gosh! Now THAT is kind of spooky! LOL!