Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Can I Touch Your Heart

Can I touch your heart?
Will your ears hear my plea?
Will you reach beyond your world?

They are alone and frightened
Fearing worse as days linger one to another
Who will care?

Can you just simply think of another?
Whose needs are greater than any you might have
Where will you sleep tonight my friend?

Will tomorrow grant you peace of mind
For many there will be no peace
No food, no water, just dread

Can I touch your heart?
Can I get you to care?
Please donate and help others in need

http://redcross.org/
© Tobie Haga Roy

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Such wonderful and heartfelt words! I will most definately do what I can, and wish I could do more! I've also brought the Red Cross link in my sidebar to a top post on my blog. God, those poor, poor people!!

From My Pen said...

Thanks Carolyn, of all the people I know, America can count on you. I wish the best for them. thanks for stopping in my friend. :)